If you are wondering how to fix Hulu not working on the Vizio TV issue, you need to go through several troubleshooting steps to solve the problem. The reasons for this issue can be a poor internet connection, a server problem, outdated software, or corrupted cached data.
Hulu has a big collection of movies and television series. It is a popular on-demand video streaming service. It is only available in the USA, Puerto Rico, and some areas in Japan. Hulu is a subscription-based service. Hulu would be a good alternative to a cable subscription if you have a fast internet speed.
Why Isn’t my Hulu working on my Vizio smart TV?
There are many issues that you may experience with the Hulu app. One of them could be when the app does not work on your Vizio Smart TV. This can be very frustrating especially when you sit for a movie in your leisure time.
Here is what you need to do to fix Hulu not working on the Vizio TV issue.
1st solution: Check your internet connection
Hulu does not function properly if it is not connected to an active internet connection. The Hulu app won’t work on your Vizio Smart TV if the internet connection it receives is poor.
The first thing that you have to do is check the speed of the internet connection of the network.
Checking your internet speed
Open a browser on your Vizio Smart TV.
Go to Speedtest.net which is a free online speed test tool that you can use.
To start the speed test, click on Go
Having a stable internet connection is essential for the Hulu app to stream content. The results from the speed test should match your subscription plan from your internet service provider.
Following are the recommended speed rates to view the shows on the Hulu app.
- 3.0 Mbps- Standard streaming
- 8.0 Mbps- Live TV streaming
- 16.0 Mbps- UHD (4K) streaming
If you feel that the problem is caused by a slow or no connection, check your WiFi connection.
- Turn off the Vizio Smart TV in which you have installed the Hulu app.
- Disconnect your Modem and router from the power source.
- Wait for a minute. Now reconnect the modem and router to the power source.
- Wait until the lights are on.
- Turn on the Vizio Smart TV
- Reconnect the TV to the internet.
Check whether this has solved your problem
If you want to get a stable internet signal, follow the below steps.
- For the Vizio smart TV to have the maximum internet bandwidth, disconnect the other devices that you have connected to your WiFi connection.
- Bring the Vizio Smart TV closer to the router. This allows you to have a much stronger WiFi signal strength.
- In case you have a dual-band router, connect the Roku streaming device to the 5Ghz band. Not to the 2.4 one.
2nd solution: Check if your Vizio TV model is compatible with your Hulu app
It is only on limited Vizio TV models that you can have access to. You need to have a model either 0f 2017 or higher than that to be compatible with the Hulu app. If the Vizio TV model you have is one bought before 2017, then there is a possibility that this model might not support the Hulu app.
If you want to know about the list of models, check the Vizio support page.
To check your Vizio model number
Take the TV remote, press the Menu button
Choose “System Information”
Check your model number
3rd solution: Check the Hulu Servers
A server outage can cause the Hulu app not to function on the Smart TV. There are instances where Hulu servers undergo maintenance and upgrading because why you cannot access the service. To check the server status, use a third-party website like DownDetector. This will check the status of the Hulu server for you.
4th Solution: Clear Hulu Cache on Your Vizio Smart TV
Corrupted app cache data can be one of the main reasons behind the Hulu app not working on your Vizio Smart TV. For this reason, you have to clear the cache of the Hulu app. Remember that you have to know your Hulu account name and the password because after clearing the cache of the app, you have to input them to log into your account.
Clear Cache of the Hulu App
Open the Vizio Smart TV and select “Settings”
Go to Apps and select Hulu from the apps.
Go to Storage and click Clear cache
Select the Hulu app and check whether it works or not.
5th solution: Check for the Hulu App Update
An updated version of the Hulu app can give several improvements as well as bug fixes. Hence, update the Hulu app on your Smart TV. This will possibly solve the issue.
Getting Hulu App Update
- Access your Vizio TV’s App Store.
- Then type “Hulu” on the search bar field.
- Select the app.
- Tap the “Update” button.
- Wait for the app to finish updating and relaunching Hulu.
6th solution: Check for geo-restrictions
The Hulu app is not available in all territories. It is available in areas like US Military bases, in the United States, Puerto Rico, and certain locations in Japan.
If you reside outside these lands, then you cannot use the Hulu account because of geo-restrictions.
If you really want to access the Hulu service despite the geo-restrictions, one solution you have is using VPN.
7th Solution: Reinstall the Hulu App
A corrupted app on your Vizio Smart TV could be the reason for this issue at hand. In order to fix Hulu not working with the Vizio TV issue, you may have to uninstall the current version of the app and install the latest version of the app.
Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu App
- Open the Vizio Smart TV.
- Click the Menu/Home button on the remote
- Go to the Apps option.
- Click Hulu.
- Now delete the Hulu app
- Go to the Vizio smart TV app store.
- Search “Hulu” and “install”
After the installation of the new app, check if the issue still persists.
8th Solution: Perform a Software Update on Vizio Smart TVs
Having the latest firmware update in your Vizio Smart TV assures the security against any existing bugs or any other Hulu issues that can come as a result of the current version of firmware on your TV.
Updating Vizio Smart TV Firmware
- Press the Menu button on the Vizio TV remote.
- Find the System tab and choose check for updates.
- If there is any update available, download it.
After this troubleshooting step, check whether Hulu is working on your Vizio Smart TV.
9th solution: Factory Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
A corrupted Vizio TV setting or a glitch in the TV software can be the cause of this problem. In order to fix Hulu not working on the Vizio TV issue, you may have to perform a factory reset. From this, the Vizio TV will be able to go back to factory defaults.
Reset to Factory Settings
- Take the Vizio TV remote control. Go and find Menu.
- Click on Settings> System> Ok
- Select “Reset TV to factory defaults”
- In case you don’t have the parental code when asked for the password, enter 00000.
- Select Reset > Ok
- Allow the TV to switch off.
- Once all these steps are done, you will need to set up the TV.
Try checking whether the Hulu app not working on the Vizio TV issue still occurs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I power cycle my network to fix Hulu not working on Vizio Smart TV?
First turn off your tv. Then unplug it from the power socket. Now wait for at least two minutes and replug the TV into the power socket. Now, turn it on.
2. Can I update my Vizio TV firmware manually with a Flash Drive?
Yes. This method is the most suitable when you don’t have a stable Internet connection.
3. What are the alternatives to Hulu on Vizio TV?
In case you have an older Vizio smart TV model, don’t worry because you have got Hulu app alternatives. They are Fubo TV, Philo, Sling TV, Direc TV, YouTube TV, and Vidgo.
4. What is the life span of a VIZIO smart TV?
On average it is 7 years.
5. Did Vizio stop supporting Hulu?
There are Vizio Smart TV models that do not support Hulu. These models, most of these, have been released prior to 2011.